Thursday 5 July 2012

A LITTLE DISTRESSED

I've never really experimented with distress inks before but just bought a couple from Tim Holtz so here is my first attempt.  This is not perfect so be nice!


I did struggle a to get an even tone and not to harsh on the outer edges but it didn't really work for me.  I used a craft mat to help ease the blending tool over the card but I definitely need more practice with this I think!


However, I do like the finished card but it could certainly be better.  The sentiment I used is from PTI and the inks used were Brushed Corduroy &  Frayed Burlap.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Zoe! I don't think it could be better, it's already stunning! I love Distress inks, you did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Zoe, fantastic distress!!!, i think is not to much easy distress, i need to practice, overcoat the backgounds with 3-4 colours, but your card is gorgeous, the flowers and the pin are a perfect touch, great work...
    Have a nice week from the melted island

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoe, this is beautiful and think you did an amazing job with your distressing. The colors you have used compliment each other beautifully and you tied it all together perfectly. Wonderful job !!

    ReplyDelete