Sunday 15 January 2012

BUTTERFLY... WHAT BUTTERFLY?

I wanted to make up a card using a butterfly made from some left over felt but really wanted a butterfly background for it, only without colour.  I don't have an embossing plate with butterflies on it so I made up my own embossed effect background paper using die cut butterflies from my old Sizzex & Spellbinder dies.  I really loved the result so wanted to share it.


Once I'd punched them out, I laid them out in a sort of pattern before sticking them down.  I trimmed off the overhanging excess and it was done.  The base cardstock is shimmered so it has a soft glimmer to it.


I used the dies again to cut out the main butterfly is green felt.  The sentiment and patterned paper are PTI.


My well used and much loved dies!

Hope you've had a great weekend.
Catch you soon.

1 comment:

  1. I've posted a card today with embossed butterflies - great minds!! But I wasn't as clever as you though - very resourceful & what a great result :) Have a great day Zoe xxx

    ReplyDelete